Skip to Main Content

Utility Billing Division

a large water tank for public water in city of covington

The mission of the Utility Billing Division is to provide quality service for all citizens of the City of Covington and surrounding areas. The Utility Billing Division provides a variety of services and information to several departments, including local, state and federal.

Lisa Wilson, Office Manager

  • Investigate complaints (including bill disputes, verifying meter reads, sanitation/trash).
  • Prepare requests for services.
  • Process utility bills (we have 3 billing cycles and two due dates.  Net amount due dates are the thirteenth and twenty-fourth of each month. Cut-off dates are the 23rd by 4:30pm (if net amount is due on the 13th) and 3rd of each month by 4:30pm (if net amount is due on the 24th).
  • Maintain a gas/water meter change-out program (meters should be replaced each decade or sooner if we discover a damaged meter or 1,000,000 gallons of water and 1,000,000 cubic feet of gas have gone through the meter, whichever comes first).
  • Process applications and collect deposits for services (including turn-on/turn-off and transferring services at existing locations).  A $25.00 service charge is required when services are turned on.

​Customers Apply Online
apply-online icon

online bill pay.jpg

​Customers Apply Online
apply online icon


Garbage Collection and Curbside Trash Pick Up Schedules

2017_Roll Out Cart Pick Up Schedule and Map

Curbside Trash Pick Up Schedule and Map

Utility Deposit Fees, Forms, and Applications

Utility Deposits, Fees and Policies Commercial Utility Application
Residential Utility Application Utility Cut Off Form
Mailing Address Change Form Turn Off Your Gas Meter for the Season
Email Sign Up Form For Billing Application for Fire Hydrant Meter
Name Change Application Policy to Turn Utilities On/Off
Night Deposit Instructions  

Water and Sewer Rates

Water Inside City Limits Water Outside City Limits Sewer Rates Pressurized Sewer

A driver's license or other picture I.D., social security card and rent receipt or closing papers are required to get utilities turned on. If being turned off, you will need a picture id and your social security card.

Applications for turn-on's may be mailed with a check. Applications for cut-off may be faxed. A signature is required for either.

We require someone 18 years or older to be at the residence when gas or water is turned on.