The mission of the Utility Billing Division is to provide quality service for all citizens of the City of Covington and surrounding areas. The Utility Billing Division provides a variety of services and information to several departments, including local, state and federal.
Lisa Wilson, Office Manager
- Investigate complaints (including bill disputes, verifying meter reads, sanitation/trash).
- Prepare requests for services.
- Process utility bills (we have 3 billing cycles and two due dates. Net amount due dates are the thirteenth and twenty-fourth of each month. Cut-off dates are the 23rd by 4:30pm (if net amount is due on the 13th) and 3rd of each month by 4:30pm (if net amount is due on the 24th).
- Maintain a gas/water meter change-out program (meters should be replaced each decade or sooner if we discover a damaged meter or 1,000,000 gallons of water and 1,000,000 cubic feet of gas have gone through the meter, whichever comes first).
- Process applications and collect deposits for services (including turn-on/turn-off and transferring services at existing locations). A $25.00 service charge is required when services are turned on.
Garbage Collection and Curbside Trash Pick Up Schedules
2017_Roll Out Cart Pick Up Schedule and Map
Curbside Trash Pick Up Schedule and Map
Utility Deposit Fees, Forms, and Applications
Water and Sewer Rates
A driver's license or other picture I.D., social security card and rent receipt or closing papers are required to get utilities turned on. If being turned off, you will need a picture id and your social security card.
Applications for turn-on's may be mailed with a check. Applications for cut-off may be faxed. A signature is required for either.
We require someone 18 years or older to be at the residence when gas or water is turned on.